Tuesday, March 17, 2020

Back from the depths of the internet!!

Greetings artists! If you're here that means you actually looked through the huge packet attached to your laptop and found the best part! With all that's going on, you might be a bit scared or have some anxiety, know that you're not alone. I feel it too. However, look at all the time we now have to DO ART!!! ...and maybe some of those other subjects. So on this platform I will try to provide some instructional pieces to help you out with your creative exploration. I provided a series of drawing prompts on the sheet in your packet, pick one and try it. Sometimes when I'm given a choice of things to draw that are outside my comfort zone, I still try it, because maybe, just maybe, I might learn something new. The goal is always to get better.
Now the hardest of the list is hands, its always hands. Drawing hands correctly is difficult. You have to practice time and time again to get them right. It's like trying a skateboard trick, you're going to have to bail and crash a few times before your start to get it. My advice is trust your eye! When you start drawing your brain will pipe in and offer its opinion of how it should look, but the eye already knows. Below is a mini tutorial with some notes, try it. You can even draw my drawing just to get started. Get a nice cold glass of water, some good tunes, and get after it!

You don't need to work from a photo, but it helps.

This isn't a necessary step, but it helps.

Tubes help keep the hand and fingers 3-d. Watch the angles
on how the hand actually bends not how you "think" it bends.
DRAW LIGHTLY!!!!!
you will make mistakes, I did